Distributing Bibles and New Testaments
around the World
Having God's Word can and does lead people to faith in Christ, and those new Christians then grow by studying their Scriptures and even use them to share their faith with others.
For this reason, we focus on distributing complete Bibles, New Testaments, or portions thereof. These copies of God's Word are printed in more than 90 languages and are either given directly to certain individuals or placed in selected public locations where large numbers of people, who may be searching for answers, will have the ability to encounter the Word of God.
Distributing complete copies of God's Word also . . .
- Plants powerful seeds that God can use in His timing. (I Corinthians 3:6)
- Allows people to read the truth for themselves. (John 8:32)
- Provides a continuing witness when the Gideon is no longer present. (Hebrews 4:12)
- Makes it easier for the people we reach to, in turn, reach others with the truth about Jesus. (II Timothy 2:2)
- Makes it possible for new Christians to learn and grow through personal Bible study.
(II Timothy 2:15)
Join us in sharing the Good News!
The Gideons International is an Association of Christian business and professional men and their wives dedicated to telling people about Jesus through sharing personally and by providing Bibles and New Testaments. While we are known worldwide for our work with hotels, we predominantly share Scriptures in schools and colleges, prisons and jails, hospitals, and medical offices. To date, we have placed 1.9 billion Scriptures and are on our way to 2 billion with your support. Follow us on that journey as The Gideons partner with churches anywhere, to reach the unreached everywhere.
Areas of Distribution
Bibles and New Testaments are personally distributed by members of The Gideons International to these groups:
- Students in the 5th grade and above
- Prisoners and police, fire, medical and military personnel
- Anyone else Gideons witness to individually
God's Word is placed in key locations, including:
- Hotels and motels
- Hospitals, convalescent homes, medical offices and domestic violence shelters
- Prisons and jails